The holidays are a time for easy. Wake up, grab food, and get out the door - because you still need to get gifts for your second cousins and that twice removed uncle. Often times, we sacrifice our health to get all our errands done. Don't sacrifice. Don't settle for a lukewarm reheated breakfast sandwich at Wawa. Make this before you go.
Avo Toast w/ Fries
makes 2 servings
cook time: 20min
- bread of choice (I used ciabatta, it crisps beautifully)
- 1 whole avocado
- 1 onion
- grape tomatoes
- green onion
- hummus of choice (Engine 2 is our fav)
- potatoes (yukon gold)
- favorite seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Slice potatoes, throw into a bowl of cold water (helps remove starch & gets them extra crispy)
- Halve grape tomatoes, throw em on a pan, and season with pepper, lemon, onion powder
- Stick tomatoes in the oven for 30 min or until lightly browned.
- Strain your potatoes, pat dry, and throw them on a sheet pan and into the oven for 30 min or until a crispy light brown
- Slice onion, put in a sauté pan on low heat, with 2 tbsp water (no oil necessary, low and slow so that they caramelize, add a sprinkling of vegan sugar if you'd like) make sure onions stay moist, add more water as they cook & until beautifully brown. Roughly 30 min
- Gut your avocado and put it into a bowl
- Mash with seasonings, lemon, nutritional yeast. Honestly, whatever you prefer in your gauc
Intermission: While the tomatoes and potatoes cook, I like to brew myself a cup of coffee. If you're in a hurry to get out, this can be your time to get dressed or pack your stuff.
In the last 5 minutes of the timer, throw in 4 pieces of your sliced bread