I find the month before the new year to be a wonderful time to set our gaze.
The word intention is used a lot in the wellness industry, and to clear up the confusion, here is a brief history lesson:
"The sages of India observed thousands of years ago that our destiny is ultimately shaped by our deepest intentions and desires. The classic Vedic text known as the Upanishads declares, you are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.” - Deepak Chopra
It starts as a seed within our mind. In order for this seed to manifest and blossom, we must release it, share it, nourish it, and watch it grow; being a witness to our experience and not attaching to what we think the outcome should look like. That's right friend - no control, just trust & complete faith! Action is still required ;)
I love this example I found from Deepak Chopra:
Before I begin the process of writing anything down, I meditate or walk in nature. No phone, no Instagram, no one telling you what you need or should follow.
Sit with yourself and see what pulsings, sensations, or thoughts might arise. From there listen.
What needs are you seeking to fulfill in your personal life, relationship, business, passion project, or simply just yourself? What fills your soul and supports your highest truth?
...deep, I know.
Grab that journal and write your heart out!
(Mercury is in retrograde so be kind & take things slow.)
Intentions for December
- Move from a place of abundance with projects, creative ideas, and passions. Believe your work has value and share it. Practice Gabrielle Bernstein's abundance meditation.
- Step away from the phone and into nature. Nature has so many lessons to share and reminds me to stay soft. Watch the clouds dance, birds fly, waves crash. 1 to 2 times a day.
- Presence. Be here now. Rather than focus on what could be, focus on what is. When worried, try your best to go into meditation.
- Step back into dance. Heal your connection with dance and remind yourself of why you started in the first place. Dance is your soul's most honest expression. You are craving release.
- Plan e-book, meditations online, and turn thoughts into action. There is no better time then now. Remember: abundance.
- Re-connect. Self care ritual every Friday or Saturday. Practice more self massage for hands & feet. They are craving some extra love from holding you up on this journey.
- Refill the cup. Don't be scared to take a break. Plan a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains or somewhere new for you to re-energize your soul.
- Take time to draw, paint, and write. No phone allowed. Just music.
- Consistency with blogging schedule 2x a week.
- Focus on building and supplementing my business for longevity. What will help others in a world that feels choatic and out of sorts?
- Learn how to drive stickshift so the stress of driving is released and I can heal. Move forward.
- Read a book with Jared and dedicate time to talk amongst all the planning, dreaming, and working. Non-negoataible.
- Reach out and support other creatives more . Learn more about peoples stories and root for one another. LIFT ONE ANOTHER UP!
- Give. Love. Set boundaries.
Book pictured above: Practice You by Elena Brower
Now that I've shared mine, feel free to share yours down below or tag me on Instagram using #setyourgazedecember with your written out intentions, drawings, yoga practice etc...
If you read mine, you may have noticed some upcoming projects. Keep checking back and make sure you're a Subscriber to receive special announcements and good vibes for all.
Basically, I want you to be the first to know.
Keep spreading your light.
Keep on keeping on.
(P.S. You can now Pin the pictures on my blog posts. Hover over the picture and share away!)