Our yoga practice can serve as a gateway to help build a loving relationship with ourselves on and off the mat.
When our hearts are open, they are free flowing with compassion, forgiveness, acceptance, and pure love.
To gain a deeper understanding, we shift our attention to the heart chakra:
ANAHATA : sanskrit - "unhurt" or "unstuck"
Thus, creating harmony in the mind, body, spirit.
Element: "The element of the heart chakra is air. Air is associated with freedom, openness, knowledge, falling in love, expansive and spirited, and letting go. We hold too tight, we suffocate what we love, we give space or air, and it breaths.
Little mindful notes:
- Modifications are where we find the extra love, honoring our body in all forms.
- Create a practice not surrounded by changing yourself, but accepting yourself "as is" in the present moment.
- Slow it down and breathe into each pose.
- Flow from your intuition to allow your free spirit to arise.
- Show up for yourself.
- Positive self talk on the mat. Remind yourself throughout each asana why you're doing this.